About / Asset Management for Critical Infrastructure
Managers of critical infrastructure, such as water supply, electricity generation, and transport, have more tools available than ever before to manage these assets. At the same time public scrutiny of utilities and public infrastructure has never been higher.
With the advent of the internet of things, network digitisation, and an evolving regulatory and technical standards environment, asset managers need to keep pace with the rate of change and learn from colleagues in related or complementary sectors.
Asset Management for Critical Infrastructure brings together the utility and infrastructure industries to discuss the latest news and techniques in the sector and explore practical applications that can improve the way assets are managed, from water pipelines to electricity networks and railway lines.
The conference explores topics such as:
- How the Internet of Things (IoT) is enhancing management processes
- If companies are using Big Data to their advantage
- The impact augmented reality and artificial intelligence could have on Australian assets
- Predictive maintenance – the white knight of asset management
- The role of the ISO 55000 standard and how it has been successfully implemented
- Planning best practices
- How drones/UAVs and GIS are changing the way we manage assets
- Managing risks: how to stay ahead of the game and detect problems before they occur
- Budget considerations: what gets top priority?
- Balancing the construction of new assets with maintaining existing assets
- How large organisations manage a diverse range of assets across states and sectors
Program / 2018
The full program is now available for the 2018 conference. Download your copy using the button below. Highlights include multiple speed networking sessions, targeted streams for rail, corrosion, and trenchless, and a closing discussion led by a super panel of leading industry experts.
Featured Speakers / 2018
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, ASSET MANAGEMENT, INFRASTRUCTURE NSW
PROFESSOR OF EMPLOYMENT AND INDUSTRY, EDITH COWAN UNIVERSITY
HEAD OF SERVICE PLANNING & ASSET STRATEGY, SYDNEY WATER
DR LUTFIYE MANLI
SENIOR ASSET MANAGEMENT STRATEGY ADVISOR, POWERLINK QUEENSLAND
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR/CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER, AUSTRALIA CENTRE FOR RAIL INNOVATION
GENERAL MANAGER, ASSET MANAGEMENT AND ENGINEERING, SNOWY HYDRO
Who will I meet?
Asset Management for Critical Infrastructure 2018 will welcome a diverse range of delegates from the utilities, transport and public infrastructure sectors. Job roles of some of our confirmed delegates include:
- Asset owners from across the utility and infrastructure industries
- Senior managers and their colleagues from Australian water, gas and electricity utilities
- Asset managers in the rail and transport sector
- Technology and solutions providers servicing the asset management community
“Many conferences I go to are just about water, the good thing about this is we’ve got gas, electrochemical, electricity, networks, telecommunications, and obviously the water industry, and it’s about exploring some of the innovations and ideas that can be shared across the sector.” – Paul Plowman, General Manager Liveable City Solutions, Sydney Water
“It was an opportunity to see where the thinking is moving, what other people are doing, what other agencies are doing, or other organisations, to progress the asset management discipline and take some of that back to our own organisation.” – Andrew Hargrave, Asset Manager, Department of State Growth