About / Asset Management for Critical Infrastructure
Managers of critical infrastructure, such as water supply, electricity generation, and transport, have more tools available than ever before to manage these assets. At the same time public scrutiny of utilities and public infrastructure has never been higher.
With the advent of the internet of things, network digitisation, and an evolving regulatory and technical standards environment, asset managers need to keep pace with the rate of change and learn from colleagues in related or complementary sectors.
Asset Management for Critical Infrastructure brings together the utility and infrastructure industries to discuss the latest news and techniques in the sector and explore practical applications that can improve the way assets are managed, from water pipelines to electricity networks and railway lines.
The conference explores topics such as:
- How the Internet of Things (IoT) is enhancing management processes
- If companies are using Big Data to their advantage
- The impact augmented reality and artificial intelligence could have on Australian assets
- Predictive maintenance – the white knight of asset management
- The role of the ISO 55000 standard and how it has been successfully implemented
- Planning best practices
- How drones/UAVs and GIS are changing the way we manage assets
- Managing risks: how to stay ahead of the game and detect problems before they occur
- Budget considerations: what gets top priority?
- Balancing the construction of new assets with maintaining existing assets
- How large organisations manage a diverse range of assets across states and sectors